Paddy's Day An Irish Listicle of Error
Paddy's Day Listicle:
- Paddy's Day is on 17 March, the supposed date of Saint Patrick's death
- It's Paddy, never Patty (ugh!)
- Crisps not chips, Tayto or bust, the rest are mere potato dust.
has three leaves- never a clover four! Shamrock is Trinitarian: Un,
dos, tres! Father, Son & Holy Ghost, the Green, White & Gold of
the Tricolor. Got it, good.
- Bacon 'n Cabbage if ye can, Corned beef 'n' cabbage will definitely do. Lower East side NY style is grand but "have ye got any Brown sauce?"
- Keep your heart green
too - let it stay big & soft, don't let Irish compassion for the
little ones calcify like it seems to have with various Hannity, O'Reilly
& Ryan's into a stiff necked, hard-hearted corporate Minotaur of a
- "What is the craic?" - the crack is high spirited fun and a felt 'esprit de human corps' about making the most of life and a night out. eg "The craic was mighty"
- Swearing of the Green
- Just sticking on a bit of the green and crying crocodile tears over
your forebears into a brown liquor isn't enough to qualify. Let us
without recourse to scary spirits of hangovers past learn to be like the
changed 'Scrooge' and keep Paddy's day well too.
- A twit-mhic (an e-amadan?)
green to the last 'deoch' (drink). I have seen a few Twitter fight
challenges issued because this once-a-year testosterbone Patty-cake
insists the number of leaves on a shamrock is ... four! ... hmm. He says
his mother's mother was from Cork. Everyone who doesn't know (or care)
where their mother's mother was from says - "I think she was from Cork." Actually she likely sailed from Cobh/Queenstown, Cork so maybe that's part right.
- Luck of the Irish? Yeah,
I suppose if having Sir Hoorah Wally's hunting boots on your neck for a
1000 years with a good bit of famine, death and exile is lucky, then
yeah, sure "Begorrah it is great luck altogether."
- Barry's Tea
- nothing else will do. Irish tae is a 'sacrament' refused at first but
then given into. With a biscuit playing the part of the host it becomes
a Eucharist of sorts, with the call and response as invocation.
- "sure ye will... ahh I can't... sure go on, have a drop... I just called in, I won't be stayin'... just a wee cup to wet your lips before ye go... oh allright, go on"
- Irish Eyes are Smiling - they are indeed. Sorry about how this listicle darkened up there - it was really meant to be more bubbles.
Like another Irishman sorta said -
Nevermind the Bullet list,
- here's Paddy's day!
Online Casinos with Real Money Play Games 2021 – How to play and win Real money · How to win real money · Real money games – Tips & Tricks งานออนไลน์ · Bonus